Friday, July 24, 2009

Where Bloggers Create

Welcome to oldgreymare's studio. This space is a tiny 9' x 9' loft. So small that I could not get a broad shot of the whole room. It certainly is cozy, and one of the few rooms in my home with color and I have been fortunate to create in this space for 16 years. I covet anything with cubbies and multiple drawers; I need them for storage and I seem able to always make room for just one more. Out of photo range is another set of cubbies and another primitive small white table. Outside the window is a big old lush ash tree always filled with chattering birds and a nice distraction for musing over the next project.

The studio stores my children's childhood teddy bears, treasures of my parents, cards and letters from my children and friends. I am surrounded by warm memories and good thoughts here, the perfect retreat for oldgreymare.

50 drawer apothecary and ancestors


Some of Hannah's black and whites




Old chicken coop filled with fabric


Favorite browns and spoon/fork chandelier


Found this pincushion with the hat pins in Orange, CA


One of my favorite pieces/drop door desk


Inside the desk


More cubbies and wonderful old cabinet filled with fabric


Everything within reach


Favorite ribbons and wool roving




Big comfy chair


Aw shucks, c'mon in


More storage


My work table

No comments:

Post a Comment