Sunday, August 15, 2010

Flummoxed

Bewildered
Nonplussed
Bemused
Muddled
Discombobulated


Anyone else out there feeling like this?
Nothing concrete enough for me to grasp and clench, just an unrest,
uncertainty tinged with an unsettled gut.

I could chalk it up to Darling Daughter returning to college, or my political
frustrations ( Rich, you got the brunt of that, sorry) or the consistent
Iranian, Pakistani, Afghani, ______(fill in the blank) unrest
that permeated the Sunday broadcasts.

Maybe it's just the unrelenting heat and zero rain we have
experienced here in the desert. 17 year old bushes that have
always flourished before in my yard, and towering ash trees,
now equally tinged with brown tips.

Perhaps it is the trials facing dear friends as they struggle
with financial, personal and health issues.

I can summon a happy grin in an instant, and still
find laughter and joy in every hour..but there is still
"muddleness"...perplexing, head shaking, what the heck is it,
dark clouds a-comin' muddleness...muddliness?
(since both are made up words, choose preferred spelling)

I comprehend and appreciate my bountiful blessings,
and never for a moment does uncertainty replace
these gifts of family, friends and health.

Until the boom is lowered, the sky falls, the end is near,
the unforeseeable is seen, the last straw falls upon the hump,
and the well runs dry...I remain flummoxed,
and wary.


or, maybe I'm just hungry....

Z

No comments:

Post a Comment