Friday, December 31, 2010

BEGIN

Challenged here to select a word for this next year I thought I would have difficulty in selecting only one to use as my guide, my inspiration for 2011. That is until I started my list for January, those pesky chores that lay awaiting my attention...bumped repeatedly ahead to deal with next month or perhaps the month after that....


From the small ~ touching up the kitchen cabinets, to the large ~ repainting the  garage floor, to the enormous ~ when to move, if to move, and where to move. Big pesky, oh dear, what to do things.


Things can pile up on us, the humdrum of every day and the emotional roller coasters; all can make us rush in, throw us off course, set us plunging toward the wrong directions, the wrong answers. Or we can get out of our own way and just 
BE STILL.


Ignore the life buzzings in the ears, the restless flutter of nerves, and simply listen...
BE STILL

Last year I chose as a mantra the power of forgiveness, the power of grace. If any of you made it down to the bottom of my playlist you encountered Alice Peacock. I placed her there because the song profoundly matters to me but is not exactly holiday worthy.The song says it all.

So, properly empowered, I knew that now I must move forward, no longer mired in the quicksand of the past, yet afraid to head off into any direction, instead spinning round and round systematically screwing myself back further down into the muck.
BE STILL
BE CALM

In the calm I find my way, one step at a time, prepared to change direction if that is where I am led. I have learned this past year that I cannot get there by thought alone; action, any action however small must be taken, and so the word I chose...
 BEGIN

I don't need to seek the endings, only the beginnings, I need only to start, a step, a first thought, a hatchling of an idea. Get out of my own way... 
BEGIN.


It is a New Year with all the plump buds of promise and possibility. I wish you warmth and health, and laughter and joy. I wish you peace in this new year, and leave you with gratitude for touching however briefly into this place with your visits and your words. You matter to me, truly you do, and I strive to treat you with love and kindness here in my world.

Be Well
Be Happy
Be At Peace

Suzan

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is  essential is invisible to the eye.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

with gratitude always to Macky.

No comments:

Post a Comment