Tuesday, February 1, 2011

BE STILL MY HEART



My close friends will tell you I do not like 
hearts. Oh, at one time back in the 80's,
 I couldn't get enough of them. 
I had them in metal, wire, in wreaths and wood,
all thanks to Mary Emmerling.
Then suddenly a self imposed boycott, 
all hearts banished.
Arm chair psychology could steer you toward a reason. 
I <3  Hearts was my anthem.


Lately, for some unknown reason I 
can't seem to stop making them.

These are scrumptious, heavy and nubbby, 
antique french linen,
stuffed with very fragrant organic lavender,
weighted with lentils ( think bean bag feel)
 and topped with felted roses.


You just want to cradle them in your hands,
they feel comforting somehow.

I've tucked a couple into my pj drawer,
and one in the top drawer of my night stand.
Left open just a smidgen and the lavender
is right there aiding sleep.
Valentines Day beckons for remembrances,
maybe that is what has come over me.

I am selling these in 
matched groups of three - 17.00
5" x 4 "

Email if you are interested.
(All sold out but more coming, please email.)
I'll be in the studio making heart garlands.
Finishing up a couple strands this evening.
Looks like the boycott is over.

Please join Kathleen at Faded Charm
for more White Wednesday gals.


No comments:

Post a Comment