Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First Floor Done


So, not too many changes in here that you will notice.
I did purge dishes etc, cleared out drawers and cabinets
and thinned out the collections.
Swapped out some lamps and tried to get the 
room out of the bowling alley look, but
it is so narrow that bringing furniture out into the room 
would mean walking around it 
all the time like an obstacle course. 
 I did try different layouts and then
threw in the towel. 


I swapped out the
 chairs from the porch and now the chairs
 are with their matching tables.
Since for years I had pizza and teens eating here 
I had the fabric seat ones on the porch.
This great room is three stories high.



When I tiled the first floor many years ago, 
I could not afford hardwood, and 
now I don't wish the expense to add it,
since I don' t know how long I'll be here.
 I know I would love it, but priorities....
Tile certainly helps keep the house cool.
105 degrees now at 7:00 pm
111 for later in the week




 You may have noticed I love using multiple mirrors
 to reflect all around the room




Inside the bins are dried pods and fall pieces.
Yep, I am getting ready for fall.
September is fall, period, don't argue,
 and I took advantage of the 
"purge and clean"
 to remove all the summer shells out of here.




Vintage handblown jars full of naturals.
********
Making shades, as I had planned;
only a few more to go.


Polka dot swiss


Strip shade over vintage frame
gives of the coolest light and shadows


This does mean a tag sale this weekend.
"Oh dear heaven, another one" she says....
For you local gals, Cindy of "the Cottage"
is on her way this evening to drop off
 her items for the sale. WOOT!
Preview night is this Friday @ 6:30 pm.
Call first please.
Saturday - doors open @ 7:00am

Joining the delightful and gorgeous Kathleen at 
Faded Charm for another White Wednesday.
Please check out all the lovely ladies.
z

No comments:

Post a Comment