Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Kitchen- The process continues

The Kitchen:
Pretty self explanatory


Master Howie tucked under the bench
He thinks we can't see him.
Gonna paint those stools some day...
been going to for..oh..about....
15 years
Now at the top of my list,
after the new shades for family room.


Bananas usually in the egg basket


Cookie jar empty - good thing
no temptation


Onions usually in smaller copper 
in front and garlic in crock.
No bananas, cookies, garlic, or onions...
Hey, I need to go to the market







Be Brave - a secret note here to a bloggie friend



At least I have apples.
Anyhoot, if you are planning on stopping by, either
bring food or give me a heads up, the cupboards,
and counters are bare.
******
Many of you have commented and emailed your
personal path of purging/ paring down, 
and inquired how to do it.
Since I do this often for many others, I can 
only say it is a process and some of you will need 
to go slowly or risk being overwhelmed, and some of you
will go crazy and tear it up and
 then put it all back together...
Do what works for you.
Design the way that makes you happy.
Use what YOU have, before acquiring the new.
 You may get inspiration from others,
but replicating it may not bring you satisfaction.

Deal in realities and follow your own heart.
My photos are straight out of the camera,
nothing is staged or moved ..
( except for the paper towel holder Tot lol)

A home should always be a process of evolution,
 never stagnant. 
Just as we grow and learn as we age,
so our homes should mature and 
change with us. It should reflect us  
at our current stage in life, 
not the life we were living 30 years ago, 
or even five years ago.
Sometimes just removing unnecessary stuff
 is all you need to do to have 
a brilliant new perspective and view.


My home gives me a sense of peace, 
of refuge, when I walk in the door.
Shouldn't yours?
It's a process. Begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment