Saturday, August 27, 2011

Not a Hurricane


No, this is not the aftermath of Irene.
This is prep for a garage sale tomorrow.
No, it was not all mine, not even close.
Jessica McClintock dresses, size 4 Yikes


Several gals joined in and it started piling up.
Preview night was this evening. Friends on my mailing list 
come early to shop and get 1st dibs..
Tomorrow at 6 am we start hauling tables out into the driveway more and stage the tables and pull out the clothes racks and drink lots of Starbucks frappacinos.
I was going to rework tables after they were decimated this evening but I'm tuckered out.


Looking at this makes me crazy, 
my perfectly organized garage.
Justice is checking it out as you can see.
Howie is scared of it all. 
I think about a third is gone already.
$$$$$ We made some moola tonight!


Almost everything of mine that is left over goes to
 Goodwill immediately after the sale. 
AS for the rest.... 
The rules are : if you bring it down to my house it must
leave with you, no really, so by 4:00 my cars will be back where they belong  and orderliness will reign once more.

Why do I show you this mess? It sure isn't pretty.
But as much as I hate doing it,
it is far easier than what many are facing this weekend.
My heart and prayers are with all those facing Irene,
including my kids, Laura's daughter, Carole and George,
Debra and her kids..and so many more I care about.
Stay safe all of you.
See you all safe and well on the other side of Irene.
I'm naming my garage hurricane Julia;
they go in alpha order don't  they?


PLEASE put your thinking caps on.
Goodness knows this planet needs help! 

Z

No comments:

Post a Comment