Sunday, August 14, 2011

Simplify


Should I begin with the story of Howie locking himself in the bathroom today? (for those who don't know, Howie is a cocker spaniel). Actually that is misplaced blame as I did not notice he had curled up in the cool room to sleep and closed the door. When I heard scratching, I discovered the door was locked. How? I think Howie was playing games with me in retaliation for being neglected the  past few days. After 30 minutes of attempting to unlock the door and 2 frantic calls to SIL for advice - ( she has grandchild adept at locking situations)  After trying 6 different implements, success, hallelujah! and I swear he smirked as he calmly walked out..
HOWIE!


Other than that I, have been destroying the downstairs. Every room.
I had been anxiously awaiting the photo shoot to be over so that I could purge and pare down even more.
I started with the porch.
Simplify Simplify


The tables are piled high and bins are full of items to be sold or given away. I love this feeling of examining and assessing. Getting to the basics.
Keeping only the useful,
 or items I favor.



Do you even remember what it looked like last year?


I have a lovely bottle rack coming, so the bakers table
top will change again once it arrives.




Last two days for giveaway. Ends Midnight Monday.
My humble thank you for the generous response.
Many of you have shared with me your joy
at finding these new friends. 
I told you they were cool, and oh "the ribbon lady",
Carole, started a blog.
Welcome her, please.
z

No comments:

Post a Comment