Thursday, February 2, 2012

Shacking Up

Got your attention?

Yes, tomorrow I begin living with a man 
for the first time in 8 years!!!

No not him, DAMN!

No, not like that....
This man is the lovely husband 
of a dear friend of mine.
Now I've really got you going...

The story:
My friend Kristin and I met about 8 years ago,
when we worked together and became good friends.
 Even though she soon moved out of state, 
we always stayed in touch and kept up with 
each other's lives.
Kristin and her husband have had to live apart
the past few months as he relocated
back to work here in lala land and 
she and the kids remained several states away.
Times are tough and paying two rents 
while you have 6 kids
is not an easy task, so in order to expedite 
the entire family's move here,
Rick will be staying in my guest room
to help make this family move all happen by June.

Now new roomie is a very nice man,
but I've been thinking it will take some adjustment 
 as many things will change.
No more lazing around in my old pj's, 
with no bra and gaps and holes in crotches....
or dropping my pants to throw in the laundry 
downstairs at the last minute.
No more burping (or other gases), that 
are permitted whenever you wish, when you live alone.
I might actually have to check the mirror 
before leaving my room so as not to frighten the poor guy.

So things are changing every which way I look.
I am finally reasonably recovered from the creeping crud.
I am employed outside the home, for the first time 
in many years, and I am currently purging my home 
of hundreds of items as I lighten up.

It's good to be brave, it's good to GIVE.
I think this deed might meet my 2012 word criteria.
Also been helping a friend with a sudden move,
holding group garage sale for friends in need again,
and trying to plan some classes, and an event at my
home perhaps this fall...so GIVING is in residence.
Of course, all this means I have been posting less
but that too will change as I settle into 2012.
I have a Zillion design ideas I want to try
and I have been craving handwork so 
out come my needle and thread, or rug hook, or 
knitting needles, or...stay tuned
Z


No comments:

Post a Comment