Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Nothing is Safe


Nothing is safe around here.
From the purge/tidy monster.


Not pantry, utensil drawer,
fridge or laundry room.







Not obsessively clean, but frequently tidy,
that's me.

A little known fact about this gal.
I came within a whisper of joining the military.
Yep, me! Took the tests and everything.
I was floundering post college days
and the regimen appealed to me.
Gosh, ya think?

I still like everything lined up in neat rows,
bedding tucked snug,
mirrors polished.

I hear my Dad's voice
"A place for everything and everything in its place."
Pop was a fan of Ben Franklin,
(but there is no definitive proof he was the first to say this,
I checked)

I guess this Mackintosh did not fall far from the tree.

Tidy
It makes me happy.
It makes my life
easy and simple.

I step back and inspect, 
"ahh, now that's better"


oh crap..thunder...
HOWIE!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment