Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wet Bird & Dog Poop


So I don't write for weeks and when I do?
I title it wet bird and dog poop.
sigh
What can I say?
It's just the way this noggin functions.

It rained.
LOTS
and lots and lots
Parts of the city are flooded
All the streets are flooded.
Never fear - way typical for lala land.
Looked out the studio window and saw this poor fella
perched and enduring the rain.
Normally I would not have been able to see but 
the center of all the ash trees in lala land are sick,
so poor tree, poor dove, but lucky shot :D

No phone, no cable, no internet all morning.
Kinda nice. Played music full blast.
My Sharona, Hooked on a Feeling, Lady Willpower
Channeling my youth...
bringing up memories.
It is visceral to me.
If I'm not careful, the wrong song slips in,
and I spiral to another place.
Not wise on a gloomy day.

The rain on the tin roof on the porch is 
 a glorious sound.
Called DD in NYC and held the phone up
so she could hear "home".
She said she wished the sleep sofa was still out there.
We used to race to open it and pile on
 when the rains began ...way back in the day.
Grateful for the memories.

oh and the poop?
well some of you may recall that Howie 
marches to the beat of a different drummer.
a very backward marching, off tune, out of step 
drummer.

When Howie becomes frightened, 
by oh, lets say
THUNDER

He has the shit scared out of him.

LITERALLY folks.

Shoots out the back like a cannon
and you had better be up range.


No comments:

Post a Comment