Thursday, October 25, 2012

Personalities


One picture shows personality 
in an instant.
Justice.... quiet, curled up inside her bed,
Howie.... hanging half way out, looking for trouble.

Justice has been ill, and 
will continue to be so.
She is now completely deaf,
blind in one eye 
and has very little sight in the other.
Many lights have to be left on at night 
for her to find her way.
She has an infection we are trying 
to bring under control. She's a trooper.


Their beds are under the desk where I 
write, where I peruse your blogs, and surf.
I can stretch out my toes and give a quick ear rub,
and frequently get a little kiss and a lick.

As the weather cools they will be here
a good bit of the day
searching out warmth.
I too, settle in tight,
keeping the heat off, wearing flannel shirts,
fluffy socks and leave a cozy throw
upon each seat. 
Candles are lit from early morn and
into the night.

I wait.
I wait for the family to be here,
 secure in the warmth and love
of home and hearth.

My personality...
my family here with me.

It is who I am,
what I've been,
and what I choose.

I am much more than "just...."
but my family is my life's work.
I make no apologies.

*****

Darling Daughter is nearly at the half way mark 
with her INDIEGOGO campaign.
Thank you again to all who've so
generously helped and written
her emails of encouragement.
Casting is complete, location is set
she'll be filming soon.

btw...My favorite blue bucket and mop 
are the today's special on HSN, 
cheapest I have ever seen.

A blessed weekend to you all.
Z



No comments:

Post a Comment