Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Dark and Evil Soul of John McCain

Mccaincainpainevil
McCain would invoke the powers of Satan for personal ambition.


In the Bible, it says:
"As a dog will lap up his own vomit,
so a fool returneth to his folly."
(Proverbs 26:11)


.


With that in mind, I suppose we cannot be too surprised to find John McCain's essential character bubbling to the surface during the last weeks of this election cycle.

And what is that essential character?

It is not hard to discern.

This is a man who graduated 5th from the bottom of his class at the Naval Academy, and who only got into the Academy at all because his father and grandfather were Admirals.

John McCain is the ultimate affirmative action student.

Born on Third Base, John McCain was too lazy and too arrogant to do anything more than saunter to home plate.

And, of course, John McCain is still too lazy to do the work.

John McCain has not learned the map of the Middle East, he has not bothered to put together a coherent set of policy proposals, or even a coherent campaign. This is a man who flies by the seat of his pants, and never mind the wreckage left in his wake.

And no, that wreckage is not metaphorical. It's real wreckage.
John McCain wrecked three airplanes during his tour in the Navy -- not including the plane that blew up on the Forestall, or the one that was shot down over Hanoi.

If John McCain's father and grandfather had not been Admirals, he would have been drummed out of the Navy as a hazard to the troops. Instead, the U.S. Navy decided on another course of action -- they selected him for a suicide mission to drop bombs on an electrical plant in Hanoi.

John McCain was shot out of the air. That is -- to this day -- his major claim to fame.

Yes, John McCain was tortured while a POW in Vietnam, but so too were over 600 other POWS. ALL the POWs were tortured.

Yes, John McCain was offered a chance to go home if he confessed to war crimes and if he said, on TV and on paper, that he was being treated humanely, but ALL the POWS were offered that deal, and NONE of them took it.

And as for the notion that John McCain held up under especially grueling torture sessions without so much as quivering his lip, it is nonsense.   John McCain cracked like a walnut and signed a written confession saying he had committed atrocities against civilians. I am not faulting him for it; I am simply setting the record straight.

Instead of being treated more harshly than the other prisoners of war, John McCain was treated better. The Vietnamese were not stupid; they knew they had a bargaining chip that was only good so long as he remained alive. Sadly, not all of the other POWS were that lucky.

That is the real story of John McCain in Vietnam -- the story he has not told, but which other POWS have.

I recount it here not to unnecessarily beat up John McCain, but because John McCain wants to make a big deal about character.

OK, let's talk about character. Let's talk about John McCain's character.

This is the man who came back to the U.S. and discovered his wife had been seriously injured in a horrific car accident while he was away.

Carol McCain had to have 23 operations (paid for by Ross Perot it should be said) which left her 4 inches shorter and with dozens of metal rods and pins in her legs.

Did John McCain stand by his once beautiful wife in her time of pain? He did not. He ditched her to have an adulterous relationship with a beer heiress 17 years his junior.

Carol McCain was forced to go live with Ed Meese and his wife in their home after John McCain deserted her, and she was lucky enough to get a job with Nancy Reagan as a scheduling secretary.

Ross Perot, Ed Meese, and Nancy Reagan have never forgiven John McCain for the way he treated his first wife.

They know John McCain.

And, of course, you know John McCain too.

After running for Congress, and getting hundreds of thousands of dollars from Charles Keating, John McCain got caught influencing federal regulators on behalf of Keating's Lincoln Savings and Loan which subsequently collapsed, resulting in the need for a $2 billion bailout from U.S. taxpayers.

We know John McCain. This is a man without honor and without honesty.

This is a man with unbridled ambition who would toss his own family under the bus if he thought it would give him any advantage economically or politically.

But don't take my word for it.

Read what John McCain himself has said about his own character. In his own 2002 autobiography entitled "Worth the Fighting For" McCain says of his failed 2000 presidential campaign:
"I didn't decide to run for president to start a national crusade for the political reforms I believed in or to run a campaign as if it were some grand act of patriotism. In truth, I wanted to become president because it had become my ambition to be president. I was 62 years old when I made the decision, and I thought it was my one shot at the prize...

"In truth, I'd had the ambition for a long time... it had been there, in the back of my mind, for years, as if it were simply a symptom of my natural restlessness."


In "Worth the Fighting For" McCain provides an example of how his long-time ambition to be president has motivated him to "lie," to be a "coward," and to put his personal interests before the interests of his country.

With respect to then-hot issue of flying the Confederate flag over South Carolina's state capitol, McCain wrote:
"[On CBS's "Face the Nation"] I said the flag is offensive 'in many, many ways. As we all know, it's a symbol of racism and slavery.'... I left little doubt that whatever courtesy I had extended to the flag's defenders, I was of the view that it should come down...

"When I left the studio four of my senior aids... greeted me with looks ranging from surprise to despair. As tactfully as the situation allowed, they informed me that my answer to the flag question was a little less artful than they would have preferred, and we would have to do something to 'clarify' my position...

"I could tell from the desperate looks of my staff that we had an enormous problem. And that it could come down to lying or losing. I chose lying...

"It took a while, but by the next day, staff drafted a statement for me to read to reporters 'clarifying' my position on the flag. And on Monday morning, outside a school in Dublin, New Hampshire, I pulled a crumpled piece of paper from my pocket and read from it in response to a reporter's question.

As to how I view the flag, I understand both sides. Some view the flag as a symbol of slavery. Others view it as a symbol of heritage. Personally, I see the battle flag as a symbol of heritage...

"I crumpled it up and put it back in my pocket, from whence I would retrieve it whenever the question was put to me again...

"I had been asked how I personally viewed the flag. And had I kept my honesty, I would have responded... I believe the flag should be lowered forever from the staff atop South Carolina's capitol.

"I had promised to tell the truth no matter what. When I broke it, I had not just been dishonest, I had been a coward, and I had severed my own interests from my country's. That was what made the lie unforgivable. All my heroes, fictional and real, would have been ashamed of me.

"I was disappointed in myself. But not so much that I felt compelled to put my failure to the voters." .

No comments:

Post a Comment