Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Still Hanging in the Garden


I cannot seem to leave the garden these days.
Our days of comfortable weather here are short lived.
They are predicting we'll hit 90 today.
So begins my hibernation.

Most of the pink roses are getting ready for their second round
of blooms, while the whites are returning now with their next showing.





This little lady cannot decide which side of the family she belongs to.

The trees in the yard, mesquite and ash, are now in full canopy,
protecting me from the sun
trying to pierce through and drive me indoors.

Fortunately, this bush is clearly visible indoors
through the dining room window.
Don't forget to visit all the other WW's over at
Faded Charm hosted by Kathleen
---------------------------->
Meanwhile:

Roof Top Drama Ensues
My visitor returned a lone soul

He began to puff and make a racket and when I scanned to the left

A lady and a rival for her affections

They began the courtship dance;
their version of the Macarena I suppose.


The rival began to puff and ignoring the competition
placed all of his attention on the lovely female.

A wise move as she began to lure him in her direction.

He appears to be the victor and with a quick, hop

and a skip the battle has been won.


He seems unable to figure out the error of his ways.
Should he have puffed more, or vocalized louder?
He hung out here for hours calling for companionship.
I hope he found love after I went back inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment