Monday, November 5, 2012

Winter Staging


Prior to full blown holiday decor,
I begin with greens, pine cones, snow
and rustic accents.


Living where I do, I crave the cold and winter 
chill and the only way I get it is to create it
in my home.



Watching the Sandy aftermath 
has left me feeling hopeless to help.
Although I have donated to Red Cross 
and will be eating ramen all week in order to do so,
I wish I could take a family in,
or do some laundry for folks, or shovel out muck.
I want to physically help.

I am so blessed.
I begin to feel selfish or silly when decorating 
because so many are suffering
beyond our understanding.

I have to remind myself that
this practice of readying my home for 
friends and family does matter.

It reminds me, though I never need to be,
of how deeply I love these folks and I try to show 
them every day, because we are not promised
a moment, an hour or a day.
Time spent with those we love is precious.

Making this home a refuge, a nest, a haven,
for all who cross the threshold will 
always be important.


I keep the fires burning.

I hope all of you have been able to 
help Sandy victims in some way.
To my friend Gail, who owns the 
Nathaniel Morris Inn in
Manasquan New Jersey:
I am so relieved you are safe and my
 heart breaks for your town.
If you know Gail, or even if you don't
my bloggie pals, stop on over and 
give some love.
Gail has no power but can communicate
via her daughter.

****
To those who have known me 
for some time... you know I try to respond
 to each and every comment left for me.
Lately I have several new commenters
who do not have blogs and/or are
 "no reply comment",
like you "Janet".

It pains me to not be able to thank you
for stopping by or answer some question
so PLEASE put your email in your profile.
thanks guys
Z

No comments:

Post a Comment