Saturday, July 5, 2008

Deer on the Edge




(Click on pictures for larger image)

This little fellow stepped out of a corn field while I was working the dogs on Friday. The dogs paid no attention to the deer (they were otherwise engaged), and I turned away in order to show this young deer, via body language, that I meant it no harm. The result was that it stepped out a little farther and we watched each other for a while and I got these two pictures with my little point-and-shoot camera.

I saw a total of four deer yesterday -- two on the farm, one on the road going to the farm, and a fourth just a block from my house.

It' amazing to think that back in 1965, we were importing deer into this area because we had shot them all out at the turn of the Twentieth Century. Now we have so many deer that the "limit" is 12 for shotgun, 12 for bow, and 12 for muzzleloader.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment