Saturday, July 5, 2008

Tin Cans and Typewriters



I am killing off my old email -- PBurns @ erols.com -- for a simple reason: the fools at RCN (which bought erols some years back) disconnected me yesterday after 10 years (10 years!) without so much as an email invoice or note!

When I called RCN last night, I got some woman in the Philippines! She was nice enough, but totally incompetent, as she "could not do anything with billing." "Call back," she said with a lisp.

No, I don't think I will. Instead, I will tell everyone to sell any RCN stock they have as quickly as possible. Any company that cannot get billing right is doomed. I note that their stock price is down two-thirds from what it was 3 years ago. Imagine that!

I am done with this kind of service (apparently I am not the first), and I am switching to Gmail (it's free!) and the Comcast email address which I have already been using for some time wikll forward to there now. If you have gotten email from me in the past two years, it was probably on my comcast.net account.

If folks are emailing me for the first time, I have switched my email address on the web site and blog to siriusdogma @ gmail.com which is likely to the most stable email address that anyone can use into the future.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment