Monday, September 15, 2008

Escape Dogs



I used to have a Border Terrier that could climb a five-foot wooden fence (board on board) and squeeze through the hole in the middle where I reached in to undo the latch on the gate.

I have no idea how he did it, but I know he did, as I found his guard hairs on either side of the hole one day.

At my current house, the dogs have free run of the yard and can come into the garage where they have heated dog houses, but they are sectioned off from most of the garage by a five-foot tall wooden barrier.

Yep, the same thing, though this time with a different dog.

Mountain managed to get over the solid wooden wall routinely until I put a 12" wooden lip all the way around the top.

A chain link fence? Mountain climbs those like a monkey!

If you have dogs long enough, you too will eventually get a Houdini, and discover that there is a place in this world for hot wires and/or an Invisible Fence system. .

.

No comments:

Post a Comment