Monday, May 31, 2010

White UFO's

We all have them.
Unfinished projects that we keep moving from place to place,
vowing to complete them, adding them to our "To Do" lists.

This is one of mine.
I taught quilting and made fabric projects for a couple of decades.
I used yards and yards of batting, warm and natural, polyester, you name it.
After each project there were irregular shaped "bits" left and I stashed
them away in a box in the garage. One box became two, and as it
headed toward three I decided to take action. For several evenings
I rotary cut all the bits into squares. Eyeballing it, not overly concerned.


I started stringing the squares onto some linen thread and
every so often added small vintage silver glass balls
from Germany that had been around awhile.
I figured it would make a great holiday garland for my
all white house. I felt good about recycling.


I got to about here and then piled the leftover squares into this box.

Where they sat for the last two Christmases.

Until last Thursday. I started to move the box to another spot and thought
to myself. Enough. Finish the darn thing.
Turned on some good tv and after several hours, I ended up with....


Three very long garlands. All knotted and beaded and ready for
Christmas 2010. One more thing to check off the "to do" list.

Accomplished * Completed * WooHoo!

What is on your list?

Please join everyone for the 50th White Wednesday
hosted by Kathleen at
Faded Charm
Congratulations Kathleen!

also linking to Woo Hoo Wednesday
over at Always Nesting





No comments:

Post a Comment