Tuesday, February 26, 2013

the inJUSTICE of it all


AS if being nearly blind and deaf and covered
 in over 200 warts were not
 enough hardship on our girl Justice,
she started to grow an enormous cyst
 on her flank in December
 and today I realized I could not hesitate
 any longer as it was now growing at warp speed.
Off to see our beloved Vet
we went.  He had a pretty open afternoon and 
since he was afraid to put her under,
 he did a local and 45 minutes later
 I picked our old girl up and brought her home.
We love DR T and I told him so today.


She is very restless, and the cone on a blind dog
 is even more complicated.
I snapped this series of photos in under 2 minutes as she 
tried to get comfortable. I moved a donut bed into the room
for ease of maneuverability and then when she whined for her 
regular brown sided one I moved that in next to her.
I also lay down a dog car mat to protect the white wool rug...


Then she decided three separate times 
to lie behind the curtain,
and became caught up in it and the cone each time.


Round and round we went from round bed
 to regular bed,
 to floor, to tangled, UNTIL... 


(You can see her sizable new bald spot,
told you that thing was large)




she walked under the desk and stole Howie's bed,
quite an acrobatic feat with a small front opening.
He chuffed at her ( BAD HOWIE!) until she 
relocated out to the living room.



My poor girl.
It's gonna be a long night folks.

Justice will be 12 on March 3rd.
She's a trooper.


Tomorrow evening I'll pull the two winners 
from the giveaway...so still time to enter.

good luck to all and a special thanks
 to those sweet pals who posted about it
and said such kind words.
damn... bloggie pals are wonderful.

In other quick news
Hannah finished filming her final short film 
Monday morning and all went well.
After having Sandy delay the shoot in December,
and ripple down to losing her DP 
and a couple actors etc and having
 to find a totally new local etc..my girl pulled it off.
Including buying all the food and catering the crew
herself to save money. She came in way under budget,
and the crew loved her.


Ben did a shoot a week ago but I don't know the details of
that or I'd be braggin' on him also.

Mama is so proud of her bambinos.
see you tomorrow evening 

Z




No comments:

Post a Comment