Thursday, May 2, 2013

Another Challenge to the Magicians at HSUS

Presto- Change-O!  Watch the money disappear!

Taylor O. writes:


Mr. Burns,

I thought you may find this interesting.  Paul Shapiro from HSUS did a Q & A on Reddit yesterday where he answered over 700 questions.

In particular, I thought his comment was interesting when he was asked about the HSUS spending only 1% of it's budget to help shelters.  I don't know how much truth there is in what he's saying, but I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on his statements.

Anyway, hope you enjoy it.  I'm a big fan of the blog...keep up the good work!


Thanks Taylor! I went to the links and replied back:

Yep, that's true about Rick Berman and I have said so. See >> http://terriermandotcom.blogspot.com/2010/08/toxic-sludge-is-good-for-you.html

But so what?

The question still stands: What is the HSUS spending to help shelter dogs?

Not much. That 1% number is about right.

To be clear, I work LITERALLY around the corner from the HSUS. I have a standing offer to Wayne Pacelle to discuss the economics of their direct mail. See >> http://terriermandotcom.blogspot.com/2008/07/back-in-november-of-2007-i-wrote-piece.html  

HSUS has quoted me in the cover story of their magazine. See >> http://www.terrierman.com/HSUS-purebred_paradox_pdf.pdf  

And I have noted that they are facing a massive RICO lawsuit which the ASPCA has already paid $9.2 million to settle. HSUS is going to get nailed like an armadillo in the road if their part of that case goes to trial. See >> http://terriermandotcom.blogspot.com/2012/12/aspca-to-pay-93-million-to-settle-fraud.html

HSUS is a direct mail mill. They are not much more, and nothing less.

Do they also do some good work? Absolutely. I say that too.

But are the bang and the buck located in the same time zone?

Nope.


So, to keep the open door policy going, I challenge Paul Shapiro from HSUS to meet me for lunch and to bring the direct mail books for HSUS with him.

He can also bring with him the cashed checks HSUS makes out in direct general support to animal shelters across the country.

Give me the data and let's see what the numbers show! Who knew truth to suffer in a free and open debate? That said, please be advised that I am expert on direct mail economics and on fraud. I will not be as easy to fool as the folks on Reddit!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment