Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Dang it all to Hades Doris

So there I was a few days ago bragging 
on how the world was being nice to me.
"Gratitude is Riches - Complaint is Poverty"
Doris Day

The garage door opener broke several days ago.
No biggie, I have repaired before.
I went through all the checklist,
 and got it kinda working and then a sudden
grinding nasty noise made me fear the whole
door would buckle so a quick call to
 Sears repair was necessary.
While waiting for him yesterday in
a five hour window I decided to repair the toilet.

I had diagnosed the problem.
replacing gasket tank to bowl.
Purchased the parts $7.00 versus 
Roto Rooters charge of $250.00
(seriously I called to check)
that's $1,000 an hour folks.
Watched a video on You Tube on how to repair,
supposed to take 16 minutes...
and printed out some directions to take upstairs to follow.
GRRRRIND < EEWW< POP < CRACKLE
uh oh, my printer was jammed.
After 45 minutes of picking out paper with tweezers...
I reloaded paper and hit print.
GRRRRIND < EEWW < POP < CRACKLE
Are ya KIDDING ME?
Tweezers again
and fiddlling faddling and it's feeding
 but inks are all screwed up.
Nozzle checks blah blah blah and it's still hooey.
Just paid 59.00 for new inks so if this one goes belly up...
ARGH!

Head upstairs to work on toilet and 
the 16 minute process evolves into 90 minutes 
as the bolting does not go smoothly.
I nearly reached the tears
of frustration phase..
you know the sitting on the side
of the tub, weeping cause you're
sick of all this crappola...

Ok, so maybe I did do a little weeping.
Sometimes being on a beneath minuscule
budget and solving every problem alone gets to me. 
Even Doris Day had bad days.


Then I put things in perspective 
compared to "real" problems,
and pull up my boot straps and get back in there.


They're just metal and parts anyway

Sears Repair arrives and after $154.00
I have a working door.
 A gear had pulverized.
So one issue down.
Two more to go....
and oh
Power went out this morning around 5 a.m.
I woke up to even earlier howling from
Le Pooches 
who sensed the outage somehow.

Went to make coffee.
DANG
Check email, blogs, check the news?
DANG again
Then thought of folks who depend on 
power for medical reasons,
or for business and
quit my DANGING....

 I poured some iced coffee from carton in 
barely cold fridge and headed out to the back yard...
The sunshine still worked.
I could still read a book...
and there I sat until 8:00 until the big 
whoosh when all the air conditioners 
turned back on.

Hades can wait, right Doris?
I have an old spare printer I can hook up.
I have two other toilets my guests can use
this weekend.
Be careful with the DANGS
Be careful with the BRAGGING
A friend tells me it's all Mercury Retrograde 
anyway and by Saturday all will be well.
Check out the last part... HA!
Perhaps baking a B-day cake is too risky?


Mercury's retrograde periods can cause our plans to go awry. However, this is an excellent time to reflect on the past. Intuition is high during these periods, and coincidences can be extraordinary.
In Cancer: Expect annoyances at home with baking, gardening, and household duties under domesticated Cancer. Complete repair projects that weren't finished or done correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment