Sunday, July 14, 2013

Oh Happy Day!

The world is being kind to me today.
The first season of The Newsroom is on today,
great background for more purging and cleaning.

The second season begins tonight.
WoOt!
Being driven mad by promos for tonight's
 True Blood and The Newsroom!
I watch very little TV.
What I do watch is addicting.

It is five days until 
Dearest Son and his Sweetie arrive.
WoOt wOoT!



I am beyond excited.
I will turn 60 this weekend and Ben is 
driving up to fix me dinner!
How lovely is that?

My brother Scott turns 61 the day before.
Happy Birthday Bro!
Not that he ever reads my blog....

I have a new chair to use to plant my butt 
for watching the shows tonight.
I sold my floral sofa and chair to a good pal
and they are happily ensconced in her new pad.
The cute little ottoman was on clearance (34.00) at
Target.. It opens up to store this week's
 stack of library books.

The chair came via Home Goods.
 It was already a great deal and it 
was already dirty. I hate how most furniture
is dirty there thanks to unruly kids
 NOT being watched by indifferent parents.
(topic for another day)

Anyhoot I brought the dirt up
to a manager and got another deep discount.
Don't want to tell you how little I paid.
I'm known for getting kick ass deals
that make my friends go
Aw damn!
Yes, the dirt came out. 
I love it.  
The sides are some kind of paisley "pleather".
Because it is half the size of previous chair and ottoman, 
it makes the room feel larger.

Son and Sweetie are coming in five days.

Her first time here,
wonder what she'll think of Ben's homestead?
Your home does reveal a lot about you;
what does mine say... hmmm? 
His old room is now the guest room,
so very little of his youth to discover there.
I do have his Magic and Pokemon cards still
under the bed though... 
We are more likely to drink wine and 
nibble cheese than play card games I'll bet.

So purging and cleaning all day - Love It!
Great TV all day - Love It!
Great TV tonight - Love it
New Chair - Love It!

Son and sweetie will be here soon - ADORE It!


Told you it was a Happy Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment