Thursday, August 20, 2009

Doing Computer Maintenance for Next 24 Hours

I will be doing sporadic computer maintenance for the next 24 hours or so.

This is occasioned by the fact that Windows Explorer 8.0 sucks eggs, Windows Vista sucks rocks, Hewlett Packard will not allow my old scanner to work at all (why upgrade the drivers when you can make them throw that perfectly fine old scanner away), and .... well, there's more.

The whole freaking computer was doing calisthenics last night while it tried to find a new "set point" or something to "restore" itself. Of course, when it did restore itself, it screwed up other things on my machine, and right now my home office looks like a small explosion occurred.

Yes, I am singing a robust version of "If I had a hammer ..." Not a good sign, as some people know.

If you have emailed me today I will get back to you soon. I have to fix this magilla first.

No comments:

Post a Comment