Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Last WW of 09

Had some extra Christmas baubles rolling around on my studio desk and decided to pop them up on the gates in my hallway. Prior posts show these gates showcasing darling daughter's black and white photography. With no thought to placement or design I just hung them here and there and then stood back and snapped away. I am sure I will fiddle around with the display over the next few days and probably add some more trinkets as I come across them. A very flat Christmas tree. If you're counting, that is No 9 in the house this year.










My annual Care package today from cousin Cindi in Pittsburgh. I am an original Western PA gal myself, and those of you from that area are quite familiar with "chipped ham". Usually heated in barbecue sauce and served on a soft bun, but my absolute favorite is on cheap white bread with Ketchup (Heinz) of course. Cannot be found anywhere else in the US except in a small area where people still say "yunz". My heart strings are still pulled back to that area, the most beautiful country ever. Latrobe was home to me, the Steeler's training camp, Mr. Rogers and Rolling Rock. Mr. Rogers is gone and Rolling Rock is no longer really Rolling Rock and no longer brewed there. :-(. I think the bottles are still fibbing about it however.

I am thrilled by this sweet act of kindness each year and for just a minute I am 6, plopped on the back stoop, with an icy cold glass of milk and a stacked "sand witch" of chipped ham.

Thank you dear Cousin.


From my heart to your home- a very blessed Holiday to you all. See you next week.

Suzan

No comments:

Post a Comment