Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Robert B Parker

I've been collecting Parker novels for several years now. I'm a few shy of owning the entire collection. I discovered by accident the Spenser series and fell instantly in love with the characters. I read three out of sequence and then had all my area libraries send each novel they had over to the library 2 blocks away so that I could read them in order. Then I hunkered down and read them almost round the clock until I was current.

Mr. Parker passed away yesterday. He was 77. I will miss Mr. Parker.

I am so saddened by this news. Not only has this author died but my beloved characters cease. I feel a double sense of loss.

My homage to Parker is this referral to these novels if you have never experienced them. I like the Jesse Stone and Sunny Randall series also but Spenser is my all time favorite detective. Read them in order if you can, it is better that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment