Sunday, June 13, 2010

CHANGE IS GOOD?


As you may remember my dearest son is moving to New York City. This Tuesday is the day, and he and his girlfriend drove his car here last Thursday to store until they decide if NYC is going to work out like they have planned.

Since they both are still tele-commuting with their jobs in Portland, this is what I have viewed at my dining room table for the past three days.

We did have a garage sale Saturday to sell off his post college belongings that have been stored here for several years. The sale was only moderately successful, and two full carloads went to the Goodwill post sale. We had a lovely day for it, but only about 25 % of my usual number of customers. Holding a garage sale is not the most conducive environment for pleasant conversation, and then they were off to dinner downtown, so it feels like we have hardly visited.

I suppose it would not matter if they were home for 1 week, 2 weeks or 3, it would still never be enough time. Tomorrow will be their pack up day
for the airplane and things to ship.

The only constant in my life these days is change.

Not my favorite thing, but I'm learning.
Gritting my teeth at times, but learning.


Just as he gets settled in there, darling daughter arrives back home.
But only for a little while, and then...

Change is good right?

Suzan

No comments:

Post a Comment