Friday, June 18, 2010

Where Bloggers Create II


oldgreymare studio IS
Bins
Tins
Drawers
Cubbies
Jars
Baskets
and only
9 1/2' x 9 1/2 '

Now, you may wonder how I ever got
this many large cabinets, an overstuffed chair
and 2 tables in such a small space.

I do too!


When I decided to go all white downstairs,
all my primitives of color
came up to the studio and were stacked
and wedged in to make my cozy space.


Organizing for a living means everything
has it's own special place
and is returned back there. (eventually)
My favorite "Z" gate in my favorite green
and "pooh" to make bad days better
.




The room is naturally dark, thus the twinkle
lights that rim the ceiling.




Once I was primarily a quilter and many fabrics remain.
I plan to pick up the needle again soon.


Of course TV with DVD
for favorite classic films


Snowflake afghan made for me by dearest Viola,
the 93 years young woman for whom I did home care.




Many an idea and friendly chat initiate from this chair.
The unfinished knitted sock is very symbolic for me.
Reminds me I can do anything I set my mind to.
Also reminds me to let go when I cannot finish or win.


Just for fun

Trois Anges

Tools and trims at my fingertips.


50 drawer apothecary in the hall just outside the loft,
holds tons of trim, stamps, punches and ephemera.


Infant shoe lasts- just enough to fill the ledge.

One can never have enough twine.

One can never have enough tins.

I made the small basket about 15 years ago
and always vowed to make another
with more even and equal points.
I'm still proud of this anyway.


The radiometer belonged to Dad
It is near the window so it will spin.



Inside the drawers - more tins
for more organization

The room is too small to obtain panoramic view
so only snippets and bits.
Thank you so much for visiting.

Suzan

Create Change - The World Will Thank You
Project Genesis July 1st

Now, off to the next Studio!


Where Bloggers Create II
Hosted by Karen Valentine


No comments:

Post a Comment