Friday, June 22, 2012

Where the hell is she?


One place I have not been lately or at least often,
is right here, at the computer desk. 
For those of you who notice such things, this is a new/old desk. 
It used to be the table in my family room. 
It was swapped out for a new acquisition.
Yep, that is Darling Daughter as my screen saver.
Dearest Son was on there last week.
I alternate. 


This is the new/old table in the family room now.
Long story how it came to my home. Let's just say it was a swap.


 I just adore the top of this piece. It may look grungy but it is
scrubbed uber clean. I re-nailed and glued and added some support to this baby. Now I can spread out when I pay my bills, or have company for a casual meal.


(at a previous home)
There is another long story to this red primitive cabinet. It went through three different friends' homes and after a long difficult journey, ended up at mine. I had never attempted to own it thinking I would not want to repaint it. 
Even though it was not original paint, 
I hoped it could stay red.
I have successfully sold it for two different owners in the past,
and was trying to sell it again the past few months.


Suddenly two weeks ago, it needed a home fast,
 and so over it came very late one Friday night,
crammed in the back of a Yukon
with two High School guys holding on to it.  


By lunchtime Saturday it was white 
and hanging out in this corner.
(Ignore the curtains, that is changing)





The bowls from the kitchen island scooted over 
and Voila! new vignette.






I've also sewn and sold some totes and purses.
As soon as I get the supply back up they'll be in the shop
which I hope to reopen soon.


(very poor shots of some totes)


they hold a ton and are reversible..come in many 
fabrics and can be customized...

the answer is 
"She" 
is still around and roasting in lala land.

Stop on by and let me know how you're doing.
Z








No comments:

Post a Comment