Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Milestone

Two years ago on August 19 I sat down without any help
from a fellow blogger, or my kids, and decided to start a blog.
I very quietly tested the waters and with each post gained
a little more confidence and knowledge.

Now, this evening I commemorate the occasion in the same fashion.
Quietly reflecting on the lessons I've learned, the precious
friendships I've made, and the impact this blogdom has had on my life.

No fanfare - no giveaway at this time, just me remembering.
I reflect most of all on those friendships formed that were unimagined
and unexpected; the intimacy and trust, the fears, self doubt,
joy and laughter shared with these strong women who are now
so much a part of my everyday life.

So it's just me in the celebration tonight.
Toasting my good fortune and the blessings
that have come my way because of this small
space known as oldgreymare.

My most heartfelt thank you to everyone who has joined me,
once, several times, or every week. Every visit is a gift.

I celebrate you.


Suzan

No comments:

Post a Comment