Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Mange Again

 
It's not a massive problem (just the tip of his nose), and considering how many den holes I have sent my dogs down over the years, it's amazing they have only had a spot of mange once before (same dog, earlier this year). 
 
It does not help, of course, that I have a number of mangy fox running around the neighborhood, and there's no way to cull them since this is the suburbs and guns are verboten.  For his part, Gideon does not seem to really care too much, though I worry about sunburn on the tip of his nose!
 
I have dosed the dog on ivermectin, washed both dogs several times in pythrethrin-based shampoo, applied flea powder (Sevin, 5% Carbaryl) topically on the nose area, and also dosed the dog with antibiotics for good measure.
 
The hair looks to be coming back, but it's always slower right above the black tip of the nose, than most other places.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment