Thursday, June 13, 2013

Words


My addiction to words goes way back.
I paint them on my walls, put them into quilts,
purchase fabrics and purses designed with words and letters.
I design banners with letters and 
even my coffee cups have words or initials.
I collect hundreds of wooden type,
and read hundreds of books each year.


I have been playing with a new way 
to enjoy them and to please myself and family.
This one is for Darling Daughter.
She collects TKAM books.


This one is for Dearest Son
One of his favorite books
 is Breakfast of Champions.

My Dad loved words and used them wisely.
I inherited that I think, along with 
short fingers and wide hands. Gee thanks Pop.
He also gave me his blue eyes so 
all is forgiven.
My Mother read for hours,
nearly every day of her life.
She gave me that. Thanks Mom.
I would have loved slender hands 
and delicate nails though.
She gave those to Hannah.


Like many parents, my Dad often sang 
You Are My Sunshine to me,
and I sang it to my kids constantly.
I like having this fresh canvas 
in my room.
It makes me happy - blue or grey skies.

Words

Words and I are a power couple
We are wed
Till death do us part

and even then I just may have something to say.



No comments:

Post a Comment