Thursday, August 22, 2013

TOOT TOOT

I don't own a horn so 
I'm not very good at tooting my own.
My pal Sonja yelled at me 
(she did too - ALL CAPS! hehe)
in Tuesday's post comments for not promoting
my August Guest appearance on her blog.
Sonja was kind enough to ask me,
I just fretted over my words.

see my post HERE



She was right,
but not about me,
I should have linked over to her  
post weeks ago, not for me
 but to introduce more of you 
to Sonja of Hickety Pickety.

Sonja has hundreds, yes, hundreds
of patterns floating out there in the world and she
has recently converted many to E-patterns and is now
designing new patterns.


I have known about Sonja for many, many 
years and joyfully made many of her patterns.


This mini quilt was a huge hit.
I think a pal of mine still has it.

In March of this year I received an email from
Sonja who had just stumbled into Oldgreymare
for the first time and she introduced herself like this.

W O W!!!

I just spent the past hour reading some of your blog....Holy Moly, it's like I found my new best friend!!!

Honestly, you my Dear are a kindred spirit...a friend I knew was out there, but just hadn't found yet....I LOVE you!!!!

Ok, don't get scared, I'm not gonna stalk ya or anything too weird....just had to take a minute to let ya know...your home is such an inspiration, your written word makes me actually smile, caught myself laughing a bit even!!!


A week later a great friendship was born.
We now email, phone chat and
the friendship grows.
Another blessing from blogging is noted.

Her patterns were always HUGE sellers
in the shows my pals and I did,
and Sonja only asks that you
 credit Hickety Pickety when you 
do make them to sell.


I'm guessing many of you will
 instantly recognize her style,
say yeah, I remember these
and wonder, where did she go?
Sonja did take a long break 
but she's BACK
with even more great ideas.
You should get to know this talented,
funny, wacky lady
I now call my friend.

You too can easily purchase 
her patterns and completed goods
 from her Etsy shop...right...


If you visit my guest post please leave a comment
for Sonja so I can get out of hot water.


OK Sonja I did it,
now undo the Caps Lock
love ya girl




No comments:

Post a Comment