Thursday, December 12, 2013

A Busy Night in the Front Yard


Coming home from work, just a block or two from my house, I nearly drove over this dead red fox in the road. I wheeled around to pull it off the tarmac and, more importantly, to see if it was one of those I sometimes photograph in the front yard. I don't think so. This fellow was very blonde.

When I got home, I checked the front yard camera I put up just last night. The buck and doe deer from the previous post had gotten in the frame, as well as these fellows, below.

 
 

The cat and the house fox were in orbit around each other, each giving space, but otherwise ignoring the other. 

Fox very rarely predate on cats.  They are not like coyotes in that regard, and for a very simple reason:  a fox is not that much bigger than a cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment