Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Important Link

or how to give yourself a headache pondering moral societal dilemas

So I deleted my FB page last year for personal 
moral reasons about their privacy policies.

I have never downloaded music illegally.

I boycott Walmart and not because of their pay scale
 or lack of promotion for women and some ethnic groups, 
lack of health care for employees, etc. 
but for the owner family's minuscule amount of philanthropy.
I support the employees however, and damn I miss
my favorite scala rolls, and I do succumb 
maybe 2 times a year, just for the rolls... I'm weak that way.
anyway..where the heck am I leading you?
to beloved Pinterest.

yes, the world is abuzz about the copyright infringement issue,
and I was on my high horse just tonight saying to a dear friend
 "but I conscientiously pin and look how we promote others..."
and then I read this.
So many valid points plunked right into my lap, 
and up my nose.

so shucks, dang it all, I guess Pinterest has got to go for me.
I'll have to go back to my old way of bookmarking
 a zillion spots and then never organizing them, 
so I never do find them again,
and spend hours cussing at the screen in exasperation.

But I like to look in the mirror and know I am
 being honest and true, and doing the right thing, 
and I'm not sure anymore that I am.
Of course I can just pin my own personal stuff I suppose, 
but that will not excuse my looking 
at other stuff that is illegally pinned.
The point here is quite valid.
Even giving appropriate credit, we do not have permission from
these sources to use/share their work.. not even a little... 
much like a "little lie", a 'little cheating", a "little stealing" or 
a "little pregnant" whoops, off topic...

A quick test for me is always 
"What would Dad say?"
and damn, just now I got an email saying
"_____ just repinned your______"

I have to sit on this and 
slosh it around in my head a few days..
gosh that sounds like my head is up....
never mind

If my big red Pinterest widget disappears
well, you know....

Some days I hate being a grownup.

No comments:

Post a Comment