Friday, July 27, 2012

Coffee and Provocation with Shotgun Goodness



There are few things that piss me off more than the summer flies that show up at my Starbucks.  I am paying a lot for this coffee (too much!).  Is there some reason this place does not have a fly-deterrence and killing system in place?  It does not help matters that all the flies flock to the front windows next to where I like to sit.

I have become a rather expert fly-killer with a magazine and newspaper, but I think I may have to change my game and start showing up with a fully automatic weapon slung across my back --- the Bug-a-Salt (bug assault, get it?), designed by Lorenzo Maggiore who had the genius idea of using simple table salt and air compression to create a "shot gun" that would shoot tiny amounts of table salt like "buck shot" at marauding, annoying, and disease-transmitting flies. 

Video below.  Pre-order here, and please note the "arms dealer" special for bulk purchases. Nice!

This is America at our finest -- creative, violent, humorous, innovative, problem-solving.  Nice work Lorenzo.

Will this be the first home-defense gun that gets two thumbs up from both President Obama (a fly-killer extraordinaire) and the National Rifle Association, which could use this little pneumatic shotgun to promote sport hunting and skeet shooting to a whole new generation of grade-school students?

Have we found common ground on guns at last?!


.

No comments:

Post a Comment