Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Might Be Light Over the Next Few Days


I don't drink, don't smoke,
do no drugs other than coffee, take no medications, and I excercise, which is to say I'm pretty healthy for a 53-year old fellow.  That said, I finally needed the attention of a real doctor, and yesterday I had a small operation for a hernia.  All went fine, but they told me it's a four-day recovery, and now I believe them.

It was supposed to be laproscopic surgery, but I just took off the bandage and the slit in my gut looks enormous.  That said, it's not too painful, unless I actually try to get up, bend over, sit down, or shift my weight.  Surprisingly, we do a lot of that over the course of a day!

The good news is that I can catch up on bad movies, good books, and the political turmoil of campaign season.  The other bit of good news is that I should be well on my way to being healed in a week or so, so no real complaints.  Sure I may hobble around like an old man until then, but it's not a permanent condition.

Not yet, anyway.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment