Thursday, July 15, 2010

Still At It

I'm still at it, the purge...only now I've moved upstairs to an
easy room to do: Mine.


There are over 6 patterns on this bed. I have to mix them up.
They are all in taupe/pale blue.
On each of my beds there are 2 top sheets,
one plain, one patterned.
In the hot summer heat here, you only use sheets
but you need the"weight" of two, one is not enough.
The plain sheet, ( white with brown/blue trim)
is placed on the bed so that the "right" side folds
over the patterned ( taupe/blue floral) sheet.
BTW- my ceiling is painted the perfect shade of blue.
I love it!


Then comes a quilt (plaid) folded back so if you need it
you can just grab the edge and it pulls up toward you.
Six pillows stacked behind the large European ( floral) shams.


Then the down comforter tucked inside a (floral) duvet.
Two stools ( another pattern, this time checks) are placed
at the foot to hold extra pillows and provide
a place to put on shoes.


I painted this plain pine dresser about 15 years ago.
I was ahead of the curve on the white thing. A brown striped
chair with ottoman nestles in the corner for reading.


I will never get rid of this chair. I have had it recovered twice.
It is the smallest chair with ottoman I have ever found
and it fits perfectly in this tiny corner.


If I am not doing the nocturnal decorating thing I am in
this chair reading.... a lot. I go through at least five books a week.
Gee, I think I have discovered the source of my sleep issues?


Photos done by Darling Daughter,
purses are from my Grandmothers.
White birds are one of my favorite gifts from Dearest Son,
handmade in his old hometown of Portland.
( whoops just noticed the corner of the fan)


This lamp was on my Father's night stand as far back as
I can remember. In it are his money clip with initials DJR,
a multi sided glass die, and his miniature knife.
As a small child I loved the scooped out indentation
meant for change I suppose.


In that small filigree heart is a lock of Hannah's hair,
from her first haircut. It used to hold my baby pinkie ring.



Pocket watches from my family.
******
The only thing you cannot see is an open white cabinet
filled with white and tan quilts.
It also contains my old TV which is not very pretty
so just imagine OK?

Create Change - The World Will Thank You
Project Genesis August 1st

Get those ideas percolating- 16 days to go
Let's double the # of links this time.
Please join us.

Suzan



No comments:

Post a Comment