Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Purge Is On!

Years ago, prior to major life upheaval, I used to rearrange my
home and belongings with great frequency. Many times this was
accomplished between midnight and 5 am, so family members
awoke to new environments and some confusion as to where
to locate needed items. I loved the fresh new looks and it also
provided a wonderful opportunity for me to really
clean house, the way we all should, but rarely do because of
time constraints. I took considerable ribbing from friends
and family because of my nocturnal decorating but each
episode seemed to get me closer to the look I was seeking.
Eventually too much of life interfered, and I made
changes only during the fall and winter holidays.


After looking at these photos in the recent post I realized
a lot of items had just ended up plunked down here and there,
and in my new spirit of less is very much more, I began the purge.

Everything comes off the shelves and a do-over begins.
Everything is washed and evaluated for need and then...


...a fresher look with more accessibility.
More adjustments will be made as the day goes along I'm sure.

Cluttered

Clean

Amazing how we get used to the way something looks,
and just leave it due to busy schedules.


I'm content with less and hope to purge more, but
I have other tasks to do today. I got sidetracked.


If you are awake around 3 am you may find me out here puttering on the
porch some more. I have an inkling my late night furniture
re-arranging is returning. After all I only moved the small items today...
The couch just might look better over....
there.


Please visit all the other White Wednesdays
over there at Faded Charm hosted by Kathleen.
----------------->


Create Change - The World Will Thank You
Project Genesis August 1st

No comments:

Post a Comment