Tuesday, April 12, 2011

CLOCK NOW STANDS AT 2 HOURS 45 MINUTES


Forgot to take pic of just stripes,
 but if you look to the back of the table
 you can see how white the stripes looked before I waxed. 
 The front half I have just
begun to wax and then thought,
 "Dang! grab the camera"
I use Briwax and I love mine all crusty and old looking;
this next pic is the final table top, see how I glop it up.  
The edge of the table is rough,
so this afternoon while GH is on ( yes I am embarrassed
to still watch.. usually I catch recaps on internet)
 I plan to glue on some burlap ribbon on the edge.


The stripes took me 27 minutes form start to finish.
I used blue mask tape and just eyeballed it. 
If you make them all irregular widths, 
there is no measuring...

no fool am I!   :0
I taped, painted a stripe, taped, painted next stripe.




I grabbed one of the wire baskets 
I had dumped in the kitchen, 
and lined with a piece of cardboard. Last month
 I had purchased some bags of moss
from the dollar store for an Easter display 
I have decided not to do.
Cost 5.00 but I only used 3 bags, but it is new
 so it counts as an expense.



From the side garden, I grabbed my G Wolff pots I love, especially since I did not pay Martha Stewart prices, but TJ MAXX prices about 8 years ago. Added a bunny from another

outside display and I am much happier with my table.


Put together some nesting materials for the birdies
 thanks to Marsha.




Then I assessed what is left for me to deal with.
I had unearthed a box of meat grinders I had stored,
so I added them into my pile in the kitchen. 
For many years I turned them into pin cushions
for local quilt shops and shows... 
they clamp onto your work table,
 so I made some up, and
SIL took to a show she had on Saturday. 
Three returned and I plan to finish the tabletop ones,
 this evening and get them into my shop.




 


Still to go...



Recap: Remaining:
A few pieces of knob hardware, 2 grinders, 
4 white shutters, 1 metal basket, empty horn case,
and felted ball wreath.
I actually considered rimming table with balls
from wreath but I thought they might take 
food spillage.
I added 7 grinders to the mix, 
so I think I am still ahead.

Money Spent $3.00
Time spent 2 hours 45 minutes.
Gluing on table trim should take about 15 minutes
to bring me to grand total of 3 hours. 

Very simple changes, minimal effort and expense.
Feels good.
Now, about those white shutters!!!
Z










No comments:

Post a Comment