Friday, April 15, 2011

NIGHTSTAND


Playing along with Chania's Friday photo challenge today - dresser.
Nothing on the dresser, my night stand will "stand in".


Quite diverse reading this week, I just noticed.
Top one is vintage copy of Last of the Mohicans.
Cannot re-read without image of Daniel Day Lewis
 running through my mind.
sigh
Sarah, how many times did you see it ?  lol (don't hit!)


My most favorite earrings. 
All are made by either my friends Sarah or Heather.
They never make it to my jewelry drawers.
They are worn too frequently to be put away.

AS for my own challenge this week, I lost 
2 days this week to other responsibilities 
so I will resume today my quest to get
 everything out of my kitchen.

Just like everyone else, I am stumped by a few.
Those four large shutters were 
in my living room for years.
When I edited them out they ended up 
stored up on the garage ceiling,
not in my way, just a nagging presence. 
Loved too much to sell, they hung around
 because for many years I believed I would 
move from this home and use them in a new one.

Now, who knows, uncertainty abounds.
I am prepared to put them back up there,
and fail in this week's self imposed challenge.
But that's OK.
Dad always reminded me that we learn 
far more from our mistakes than our successes.
Hope you all have a glorious weekend!

z

No comments:

Post a Comment