Friday, April 29, 2011

Small things

There are big events in this world.
Terrible storms devastating so very many.
WARS, horrible, horrible wars.
Glorious weddings with all the fanfare.
Tsunami survivors still searching for the lost.

When there are too many large events in the world,
I seek the small things in life for comfort.
Staying small and focusing on the simple, eases my
mind and quiets my fears. 

Performing simple tasks with grateful intention,
be it changing the linens, weeding the garden,
 or hand washing the dishes, these
simple tasks are given my full attention.

It allows me moments to capture the beauty
of a small thing gorging on the nectar of the 
first blossoms of my pink silk tree.

Project Genesis is in 2 days.
Please join us.




How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.  ~Anne Frank

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better.  It's not.  ~Dr. Seuss
Joining Chania again today for her Friday photo challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment