Monday, April 11, 2011

UPDATE GET 'ER DONE


First coat on last night. Second this am,
decorative painting this afternoon, still haven't decided,
if it will be words, or designs.
If you are just joining me and have no idea WTH I'm talking about, see previous post.

Curtains hung outside.
I'm not attempting pretty pics here folks, just proving 
that I am making progress.
( rods check)
( stored curtains check)

Removed this painting


from here in the bath and rehung above 
darling daughters brass bed.


and replaced with the three frames
( 3 frames check)

here

First 2 stacked frames got a fast sewn burlap pouch
 with dried, no, dead flowers, 
I had yet to throw out since my return from NYC.
Second one, I quickly wrapped some old wire
across the top third and draped some
prisms on wire I had saved from street find chandelier last year. Eucalyptus is also from dead bouquet.

Notice shutters in front of window. 
Now I can open blinds to allow light in without 
exposing myself. Horrors!










( 2 pair shutters check)

Everyone keeping track?
Out of my own curiosity, I kept an eye on the clock, and 
so far I have not yet spent 2 hours total on all 
of it...so that is 1 rerun of a movie you
 have probably already seen 5 times. 
gives you pause eh?

and just so you too can feel the love..
did you catch this comment on yesterday's post?
This is my SIL ( well ex SIL, but I'm not supposed to call her that and I am the ex, not her, lol)






Sarah said...

May I say "with much love" that you're making me want to
 come over and hit you. You know that my whole house is a
 pile of stuff that I trip over on a regular basis, so I'm thinking
 that this theory is not going to work for me. Oh, that's right, 
you always come over and fix it for me. Ah, the advantages of 
being family!

This gal makes me laugh till I have to..
well, you know...

Anyhoot
the point is you CAN have stuff.
Just use it, shake it up, recycle things around;
if you bring in new, move out the old.
Even fabulous things can no longer work for you,
no longer serve a purpose, and if you fret about 
not finding something to replace it..uh
have you see the kagillion blogs, event sales, thrift stores,
etsy and ebay?
THERE IS ALWAYS MORE

I started at 12 with my Dad and have not stopped, 
and 45 years later< I still find new treasures,
but always....always  I edit.
( oh you are mean, you just did the math)

In fact, sometimes I think we are just trading it all back
 and forth all over the country and now 
we are crossing the seas to get theirs too!

Now on to the rest..
And oh, I found some more leftovers to deal with,
but I am still going to aim for my end of the week deadline.

Z









No comments:

Post a Comment