Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Aw phooey

Even when things are going well,
life can be challenging now and again.
That is where I am now.
I am blessed and healing and 
doing fine, yet struggling to make 
all the pieces fit.

I took 19 shots at the ribbon class and each one
 came out looking like an experiment in photography,
and not in the good way.
This time I was not only host but student, and my 
head was going off in fifty directions.
If you wish to see and read about it,
Tanya, bless her heart, got some good shots.

bead and needle 
 See more HERE

Carole is an amazing instructor and we had 
a blast. As soon as all my Christmas is down,
(will that ever happen? jeez!)
 I plan to practice my roses, so that I am
 prepared to take Ribbon 102.

So what has me discombobulated?
Everything.
I will get it straightened out and ease into
my new routine, and figure out how to get by,
 but for now I am concentrating
on necessities and not so much on the extras.
I am still reading each of you my dear friends,
never fear, and following your adventures.

I think what bothers me most is 
that I used to be "quick on my feet", able to adjust 
in a nanosecond . Now I need more time. 
I need to process.
I need to grieve losses. I need more sleep.
So is this it? The age thing? As I approach one of those
mysterious "old age" numbers, is this my mind saying
WHOA NELLIE!
Not so fast, you're an old girl now,
you might sprain something.

aw phooey.
I probably just need more fiber.
z


No comments:

Post a Comment