Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Candlelight, Coffee and Comfort


My first cup of coffee in days.
Did not want to confuse meds and caffeine.
I am confused enough as it is.


This is my favorite table...ever...
I work here
 eat here
 visit here
These edges are dreamy



Never far from me,
Miss Justice
doing her morning toilette
hoping toast bits will come her way.
Sadly, no toast just now,
just coffee and candlelight.



Needing to be even closer,
Master Howie
asking to be allowed into my lap.


Not until I finish my coffee
in my favorite mug
...for now
The perfect curve to cradle my left hand
 around it's warmth
while the right hand 
slips effortlessly through the handle
for a secure grip.
1971
an important year
for me to be sure.


Such comfort to me after weeks of illness.
My memory bowl
my table
hazelnut fragrance
best mug 
and
the pooches


in my little world
it is enough
it is, in fact, 
glorious

No comments:

Post a Comment