Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I Watched This on My Kindle



I watched this video on my Kindle Fire which does not need shelving, allows highlighting and margin notes, and sends all my highlighted text to a computer file for easy use if I am writing something ("Look Ma, no typing!").

All Kindle books are searchable, several million books are free, and all new books are cheaper than their printed versions (and most used books are cheaper too if you figure in postage).  If I do not know a particular word, I only have to hover a finger over i, and a definition pops up.

I still have hundreds of paper books, of course (not all books are online yet) but I can see that in the not-too-distant future they are going to be seen as very heavy furniture that collects dust and makes rooms look smaller.  Yes, paper books are very clearly going the way of "long-playing" records....
.

No comments:

Post a Comment