Thursday, October 28, 2010

Architecture

Architecture to me always means vintage,
though that is an inaccurate assessment of the word.

Unable to live in a home with what I consider
to have real architecture, I hauled part of a
rooftop from a vintage home into my living room.
What can I say it makes me happy?


Many of my vintage cabinets and tables have
other people's names on them.


No, I did not borrow from them, nor are they waiting for my demise,
(at least I hope not), they are waiting for their
chance to own the piece, if and when I decide to sell.
Some pieces have as many as four names.

About this piece, I have had dozens of people say to me
" If you ever decide to get rid of that..."


But folks, I have to tell you, even if I decide to sell off everything,
which I threaten to do now and again and some day it may be necessary,
this piece will never be in the estate sale or the focus of an auctioneer's gavel.


If I have to strap it to the roof of my car and it finally
settles into a teensy studio apartment, it is staying with this gal.


It's not just architecture, it is character.
You cannot buy good character, and you
should never barter with it either.

You either have it or you don't.


Getting an early jump on Friday's Architecture Challenge
at Razmataz hosted by Chania.

Suzan



Create Change - The World Will Thank You
Project Genesis November 1st
Please join us.

Don't be caught without your PG post...It is coming up fast.
The last Project Genesis had visitors from 48 states
and from over 26 countries. Maybe your new
best blog friend is one of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment