Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Hoarding with Purpose


This old white box buried under there somewhere, has carefully
stored dozens upon dozens of doilies and linens for far too many years.
Most are from family, the rest collected during a brief
period when I was doily crazed?


An abundance, hoarded, waiting for purpose.
I have occasionally dipped in and snatched a few, but
I was always a more primitive gal than a frilly one, so many
remained safely tucked away atop a cupboard in my studio.


This edge piece is actually a collar and it is divine.


I sorted through these on the porch during a thunder storm
this morning. Does it get any better than this?


Yep, it does. This piece is 76" long and will
become the edging to my new linen or flax pillow slips.
It is chunky and perfect and oh my!

So why now? Why did I decide to sort through and
inventory the old white box?
THIS is why. A post by My Hearts Ease

Notice the photo of Linda of Willow Nest Farm, and you'll see
a doily garland. It appears this is display for the doilies to sell,
but I must make a garland for my home so that finally
all these treasures can be appreciated.

Please join all the other White Wednesday gals
over at Faded Charm hosted by
the delightful Kathleen.

SUZAN

No comments:

Post a Comment