Monday, October 4, 2010

Monday Monday


The thunder is rolling in the distance.
I apologize.
For the non-lala land followers this obsession with
my weather must be boring you to tears.
But my surroundings exert great influence on my
attitude and enjoyment of life.
SO, c'mon thunder! Roll away over here right atop my house.
I just brewed my smooth and mellow blend from Trader Joes,
have plenty of peppermint mocha creamer,
have my page marked in my latest mystery,
still in my jammies (at NOON!),
waiting on the porch with the tin roof...
and the thunder rolled.....

for about two minutes... ARGH!

Bores
Not the whining kind, or the snobs..but real bores.
Munching away inside my enormous, provide me shade
all summer, pink silk tree.

I was going to show you a pic of a bore but thought you would prefer this

Anyway, stopped by the nursery yesterday to
get tree medicine, I suppose I should call it, and the guy
scared me half to death. Said "I had probably had them for years,
probably infected your entire yard, could lose all your shrubs and trees."

Then recommended a couple bottles of stuff to the tune
of $36.00 and told me "that would fix me right up."
Just what I need; a Jekyll and Hyde nursery guy.

(Carole and George I need you.)

These things tend to weigh heavily on my mind... when someone
tells me a tree I've lovingly tended for 17 years may just
up and die, and by the way when it does come
crashing over in a storm take out the better portion
of my living room and bedroom ceilings, I tend to obsess.

While I am obsessing I must also confess to an
unnatural attraction to word verification "words?"
Anyone else notice that they seem to be real words
in disguise and if you stare at them long enough you will decipher
the true meaning? No? just me?
C'mon!

takedned
binduai
ferils
busnurd
beknoniz
buntsa
???

no weirder than these:


Erinaceous
Lamprophony
Depone
Finnimbrun
floccinaucinihilipilification
Inaniloquent
Limerance
Mesonoxian
Mungo
Nihilarian
..and these are in Websters!

Told you the weather affects my mood, or perhaps it is just
Monday Monday
Can't trust that day..

Suzan




No comments:

Post a Comment