Friday, October 15, 2010

Solo Dining

The trick to solo dining is to treat yourself.
Even though this is OJ, coffee and granola, the non healthy kind,
"Pecan Sticky Bun", you must elevate
the experience if you wish to dine and not scarf it all down.

The beautiful Italian dishes Vietri are my new favorites,
long admired at a friends house. Recently she offered to swap these
for working hours on my part and I jumped at the chance, knowing I
could never afford them otherwise. I staged her home for sale,
and I now own these sage, saffron and cream beauties.
( The house sold in three days.)

This morning I decided that a nice relaxing breakfast using my
beautiful new dishes was just what I needed to chase away a disturbing
dream from the night before. The kind of dream that finds you
weeping as you come up from it's depths. The kind that knocks the wind
out of your sails, the first few hours you're awake.

Damn straight I deserved a pretty breakfast.

That's the thing about food. Not only life sustaining,
but nurturing as well. Yes, I have "nurtured" myself into
another size, but my alternate choices were unappealing.
"Give me pecan sticky bun instead!" she cries. "I will go on
to face another day, and kick those bad dreams to the hills."

I'm thinking if grilled cheese and cereal can look delicious
in these, maybe some beautiful pasta tonight would be
a good idea. I hope your dining this weekend nurtures you
and feeds your soul.

Suzan


Please join Chania at Razmataz for another
Friday photo challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment